Venice2017: accommodation info
The hotels we chose for these Championships are located on the mainland, just over the bridge from Venice and from the race venue.
The month of September is still high season in Venice with hotel rates being at their highest. It is the month of the Venice Film Festival and the Historical Regatta.
2017 is also the year of the Venice Biennale of Art. These events attract a great number of persons to Venice. Mestre, which is part of Venice, is very conveniently located on the mainland.
Advantages to being on the mainland:
- The Organising Committee will provide a shuttle bus service between the official hotels and the race venue for those who have reserved their accommodation through the OC. It can take you less than 10 minutes by car or bus to reach the race venue.
- The hotels have an excellent price/quality ratio.
- Restaurants are less expensive on the mainland.
- It takes 15-20 minutes to reach Venice Marco Polo Airport by taxi from Mestre, and it is also less costly than going to Venice.
- For whose arriving by car or bus, there is parking available at the hotel premises.
- There is an excellent public transportation service between Mestre and Venice.
- And last but not least, you can still explore Venice outside of racing hours without having to depend on the shuttle bus times. In other words, you will have the best of both worlds. All prices include room reservation and breakfast.
The city tax of €3.40 pp per day is not included.
Hotel Laguna Palace (4 star).
Set on mainland Venice, this contemporary hotel in a polished waterfront building is 1.7 km from Mestre train station and about 6km from the centre of Venice.
The modern rooms, suites and apartments provide free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, minifridges and desks. Room service is available.
A breakfast buffet and parking are complimentary. There’s also a bright restaurant/bar with a waterfront terrace, plus a fitness room.
Situated close to many restaurants
Single Euro 152,00 per night
Double Euro 164,00 per room per night
Russot Hotel (4 star)
Overlooking Parco San Giuliano park, this functional hotel with a grand lobby is 6 km from the center of Venice, 5 km from Venezia Mestre Station and 7km from Venice’s Marco Polo airport.
Unassuming rooms offer free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs, as well as desks and minibars.
Complimentary amenities include breakfast and parking. There’s also an elegant buffet restaurant and a terrace with seating.
Single Euro 102,00 per night
Double Euro 112,00 per room per night
Hotel Laguna Palace
3 - PRELIMINARY ACCOMMODATION RESERVATION
This accommodation can be reserved directly with the camping grounds. No shuttles buses are provided by the O.C.